Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday


There probably are no words that can do justice to my experiences this week. Today we were able to film the final scenes for our PSA about what it means to be a student in the Philadelphia School District. I am super excited about the PSA because I love how the students have really been able to take the lead on the project, and make it their own. I can't wait to see the look on their faces tomorrow when they see the final product. Some of them really came out of their shells once we started filming, and as we made progress, they invested more passion. It was so important to me coming on this trip that we left the community with something tangible. I am beyond satisfied to say that we have been able to do that this week. Our work has gone way beyond the classrooms to making personal connections with students.  
The safe space the Hi-Step provides for students is one that they value, and that I am honored to have been a part of. 

-Abena Wariebi 

No comments:

Post a Comment