Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ann Marie Huisentruit

Who's excited to get this trip started?  If you raised your hand, then I already know we have a lot in common.  Just the thought of getting to work in a school all day and play board games all night is enough to make me want to pack my bags six months early!


I live in Silver Spring just twenty minutes outside College Park, so that works out pretty well for commuting.  My car and I get real intimate listening to TED Radio Hour podcasts together, and I'm sure my three younger brothers love that I can drive them to baseball practice.

After years of tutoring and working in all kinds of elementary schools, I'm finally going to gain some first-hand experience in a high school!  Learning how to make lesson plans and conduct classes while being ridiculously energetic and surrounded by wonderful people?  Really, I'm living every sophomore Elementary Education major's dream.  Learning about different ways of life and expanding my understanding of humanity is probably my #1 hobby right before belting out Arctic Monkeys/Kanye West/Nat King Cole/Tchaikovsky while I drive.

Here are some other things I like:


There are very few things I don't like, and I'm always willing to try new foods, activities, and food-related activities.  As long as you don't crack your knuckles or leave seconds on the microwave, we should get along just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment